Russian River Brewing Company is seeking a full time Production Manager to join our team in Windsor!
The Production Manager is responsible for managing both short-term and long-term scheduling for brewing, packaging, and purchasing of raw materials and packaging supplies. The Production Manager works closely with the sales, finance, maintenance, QC, and warehouse departments to ensure the most efficient production scheduling and inventory management, while being a passionate steward for RRBC. We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/pet insurance, paid time off, 401k with matching, as well as discounts on food/beer/merchandise. Please read our description and qualifications required below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
This position supervises packaging manager and staff, including hiring and performance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Business acumen for strategic forecasting, scheduling, budgeting and efficiency metrics
- Inventory and supply chain management, including materials ordering and logistics
- Yeast management in theory and practice
- Equipment, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance best practices
- SOP development and enforcement
- Working knowledge of safety and legal compliance requirements and enforcement
- SAP, ERP, and/or Obeer
- Professional level capabilities in MS Work, Outlook
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge of the full employment cycle including hiring, training, and management of staff
- Minimum of 5 years head brewing or production manager experience at a brewery with at least 15K bbls annual production, with demonstrated progressive career advancement in leadership or management positions
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in microbiology, food science or engineering preferred
- Experience with Obeer is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years Management experience in a brewery environment
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Mechanical and problem-solving aptitude
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the following equipment: steam boiler, roller mill, brewhouse, cellar, centrifugal pumps, centrifuge, bottling line, keg racker, fork lift truck, and various process control systems
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with a commitment to excellence
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive attitude
- COVID-19 vaccination, (including booster, if eligible), is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 55 pounds. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The primary work schedule is Monday- Friday. Occasionally work will require occasional weekends and/or evenings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We engage in the interactive process for any medical and/or religious accommodation requests regarding vaccination.
We look forward to hearing from you!