Executive Director – Americas Region – Oil, Midstream, Downstream & Chemicals
Executive Director – Regional Sales – Oil, Midstream Downstream and Chemicals Insights
NOTE : This position is currently being recruited by IHS Markit for its Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals business line and is for immediate hire. IHS Markit is in a pending merger with S&P Global with the merger expected to close sometime in Q1 2022.
The Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights Regional Sales Director requires a highly motivated and experienced sales manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing the Americas regional sales force to sell a suite of products from our Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights portfolio in the Americas. This role positions the individual for outstanding career growth and large responsibilities within Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights.
To be successful in this role, you will have a genuine interest in the Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals business and be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of success in Account Management, growth, and New Business generation
- Previous leadership experience or equivalent in account management
- A detailed knowledge of the sales cycle
- strong closing skills, be extremely persistent, be willing to prospect, work well without supervision
- be highly money motivated, be effective at building relationships, have keen listening skills, be adept at asking probative questions
- Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals industry experience preferred
- Experience of selling information services or software solutions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Eager to understand the Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights value proposition and the specific value propositions for the Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights portfolio
General Job Duties:
- Regional leadership as required and deliver on regional sales goals, targets and objectives
- Help lead and shape our regional business
- Actively communicate with marketing, product and research teams to ensure adequate market strategies adoption.
- Manage upwards and accurately forecast business growth and expectations.
- Following up on sales enquiries within agreed time frames to open sales opportunities
- Schedules activity around new and renewable business.
- Ensure good productivity levels throughout the year.
- Initiates and answers sales calls/meetings for Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights products and services
- Ensures excellent customer delight
Specific Job Duties:
- Help set the regional sales team for success
- Day to day team leadership responsibilities as required
- Help achieve and exceed regional sales targets and expectations
- Help define regional sales strategies and execution tactics
- Help define regional accountability and expectations from each of the contributors
- Develop/implement a clear strategy to exceed quota
- Develop knowledge of Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals Insights capabilities and in particular the specific Energy Business area
- Ensure maintenance of good productivity levels across the team
- Lead by example
- Develop an understanding of the sales value proposition for said products and how they fit into the business requirements of our clients
- Develop relationships with assigned customers to ensure long term partnerships
- Maintain existing client base as well as sales into new accounts
- Prepare and submit accurate sales reporting and forecasting
- Achieve specific monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota
- Generates referrals and new business leads
- Responds to customer calls regarding a specific set of products and services and identifies up selling opportunities for such calls
- Grows revenue at existing and new clients
- University degree
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience
- Experience selling and dealing with C-Suites
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals industry
- Highly organized and efficient at managing day to day business with multiple priorities
- English language skills are imperative. Additional languages would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Mature, experience, confident & self-motivated with a passion for selling & management
- A quick learner on new products and sales approaches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Understanding and expertise in CRM systems; Sales Force preferred
- Knowledge of contracts and proposal process
- Analyze business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business
- Develop account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue
- Conduct effective presentations to all levels of clients
- Communicate effectively with most levels of decision-makers and employees of client
- Write reports in a clear and concise manner
- Represent and communicate with a diverse population
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality always
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the organization
- Capable of collaborating effectively with clients and internal analysts, economists, and product managers
- High ethical standards practiced both externally and internally
- 35% within the Americas region, passport required
- Houston preferred; other US remote locations considered
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $145,360. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.