Technical Business Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The Business Analyst will be a part of our Technology Automated Trading team, which will support the Issuance Platforms team which manages the suite of in-house applications built to facilitate the internal workflow surrounding Primary and Secondary Markets book building, fair distribution, and ticketing. You will work closely with the business and other team members to develop efficient solutions and support other developers in solving complex problems.
- Gathering Requirements for new in-house issuance application suite development
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and partners across technology teams in the organization to deliver exceptional solutions in an agile delivery construct to verify that the client’s needs are met.
- Perform post-production release validation testing on any new improvements or bug fixes
- Support users on daily operations
- Production support, triage and resolution of real time issues on highly available systems
- Build documentation, training, reference materials, release notes, workflow diagram
- Creating test cases for automation by quality assurance group
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests or analysis on timely basis for business users and/or management by querying data
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced software development experience domain
- Python and Excel proficiency preferred
- Familiar with Lucidchart, SSRS, Oracle Database and SQL
- Financial industry knowledge and Investment Management preferred
- Good interpersonal, partnership and communication skills and the ability to work well and engage with both technology and business colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and support other team members across multiple timezones.
- Understanding of basic software architecture and application design
- Strong desire to explore new areas to learn and grow professionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Business, Finance, Operations, or Economics.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office