Florida State University
- The Florida State University College of Business plans to offer an MBA specialization in health care administration as early as fall 2022. The college expects the new MBA specialization to appeal to business students seeking a high-demand career choice, health care professionals who need to retool skills as they become administrators, and to students pursuing degrees in related disciplines, such as medicine and nursing.
University of South Florida
- The University of South Florida Muma College of Business and McKibbon Hospitality announced a partnership that creates an innovative hospitality teaching lab program. The new affiliation gives students in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management a chance to gain hands-on experience at a variety of hotel brands that cater to differing clients.
Florida International University
- Florida International University’s College of Business launched an MBA in business analytics. The 16-month hybrid program, which includes online and in-person evening classes as well as professional development seminars, began in January and incorporates data analysis and information technology. Nearly half of the program’s 15-course curriculum focuses on data management, reporting, and data application and analysis. The university’s College of Business and Real Madrid Graduate School launched a Professional MBA online specializing in sports management. The program, which began in March 2021, is designed to prepare graduates to manage sports institutions in a fast-changing landscape internationally and will cover finance, marketing, management, human resources, entrepreneurship, competitive strategy and analytics.
University of Florida
- For the fourth year, the University of Florida MBA program ranked in the top five nationally for return on investment, according to the 2021 U.S. News and World Report ranking. The UF MBA’s salary-to-debt ratio is 5.7-to-1, making it the No. 2 program in the nation for return on investment. In 2020, UF MBA reported graduates of the full-time MBA program earned an average salary and signing bonus within three months of graduation of $129,227, while their average debt was $22,705.
- Jacksonville University launched a doctorate-level degree track designed for aspiring health care leaders in 2021. The Doctor of Business Administration in health care leadership is the result of a partnership between the university’s Davis College of Business and Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences.
University of Miami
- The Miami Herbert Business School at the University of Miami was recognized as a leader in sustainability education, ranking No. 5 nationally and No. 21 globally in the most recent Better World MBA ranking, released by Corporate Knights, which evaluates accredited MBA programs’ commitment to equipping graduates with the skills to solve sustainability challenges.
University of Tampa
- The University of Tampa announced in early 2022 that it will begin offering a three-year doctoral degree in business administration (DBA) starting in the fall. The three-year Executive DBA is designed to help students master advanced research and analytical methods, gain global perspectives, manage risk and make data-based decisions for their organizations, the university says.