- Salary Package: From $97,783 to $106,018 p.a. (HEW 7), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are seeking a well-organised data analytics professional to provide data analysis and generate insights to stakeholders to effectively manage the design, development and delivery of teaching, learning and research outcomes in the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences.
Reporting to the Educational Development, Governance and Initiatives Manager, this role oversees development and maintenance of key systems, including the assessment portfolios which underpin the course-level assessment framework for flagship courses including Doctor of Medicine course at Macquarie. This position will work across the broader educational services portfolio to deliver continuous process improvement and innovation to ensure efficiencies and better ways of working.
Your proven systems knowledge, expertise and analytical skills will enable you to provide insights to facilitate evidence-based decision making across the portfolio and Faculty more broadly. Your ability to manage multiple tasks, competing deadlines and adaptability to changing circumstances will be essential to the smooth running of the position. Excellent communication skills and customer focus with the ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively with people at all levels will also key to success in this role.
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University’s Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation’s first fully integrated Academic Health Sciences Centre under a university’s leadership. It brings together the excellent work of medical and allied-health clinicians and researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light. Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate (2-page maximum) cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Degree or tertiary qualification in IT, Data Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and experience using associated systems, tools and techniques across, analytics, performance indicators, systems thinking methods, database management.
- Proven expertise in the following specialist systems – Alteryx, Microsoft software including PowerBI, PowerAutomate (desirable), SharePoint and other Office 365 applications.
- Experience and a record of achievement in implementing analytics and practical application in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience performing analysis using a variety of methods for both relational and non-relational data sets to facilitate evidence-based decision making.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and experience analysing and interpreting requirements and information from numerous sources
- Time management and organisational skills, and demonstrated experience coordinating and delivering on competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus, with demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively with people at all levels
Specific Enquiries: Kerri Mackenzie at [email protected]
General Enquiries: Jasmine Xia at [email protected]
Applications Close: Tuesday 8 March 2022 (11:55pm) AEDT
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.