OCC, Wymondham/PHQ, Martlesham/Working from Home
Full Time (37 Hours) – Temporary
£28,725 – £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 4 February 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2247 on application form
SBOS consists of circa 100 people and is spread across 2 core units. Its main purpose is to support both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies on services and products for today, tomorrow and the future. This is achieved through strong risk, project and programme management, excellent analysis and appropriate research and insight. We help the constabularies focus on what’s important, make the right decisions and embrace and embed effective business and process change.
The department consists of two core units;
- Programme Management Office, and
- Operational Services
The Programme Management Office includes a Project & Improvement team, a Strategic team and a Programme team. They aid operational and strategic leaders in planning, prioritisation and decision making through an evidence based approach; providing a first class business planning, data insight and corporate change and project management capability.
Business Analyst’s work within the Project & Improvement Team and are tasked to investigate, consider, analyse, evaluate and define various processes and structures. This temporary post is to assist in business process reengineering supporting part of a major transformation programme. Strong problem solving and creativity will be needed, supported by the ability to identify quick wins and write reports on longer term efficiencies.
The roles will be primarily based working from home but occasional travel including to either PHQ in Suffolk or Wymondham in Norfolk may be required.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Clear understanding of working in an organisational improvement or project management environment
- In-depth knowledge of analytical techniques with the ability to analyse business problems and identify solutions
- A good understanding of business analysis techniques such as process mapping, value stream analysis or LEAN.
- Proven experience of working to targets and timescales and delivering objectives
- Well developed oral and written communication for effective communication to a wide range of stakeholders
- Basic keyboard skills and competency in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel (for data analysis), Visio and Project (for process mapping)
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good understanding of project management techniques including costs, benefits and risk management
- A working knowledge of evidence based policing
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE 2 Foundation etc
Role profile >> business_analyst_-_oct_2018.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. Both posts are offered on a temporary basis, one is for 15 months and the other is for 18 months.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for appointment should download an application pack and monitoring form as they must be submitted together.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]